Thursday, June 6, 2013

Ragnar Eve!

Guys! It's finally here! It's Ragnar Eve!

Beginning tonight, I'll be hanging out with and running 196 miles from Madison to Chicago with B*tches Be Crazy at Ragnar Chicago. I haven't talked a lot about Ragnar this year on the blog, but I am SUPER excited to be embarking on this journey with these 11 other people. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a good time.

While this will be my second Ragnar Chicago, in a way it kind of feels like my first. Remember when I did it last year? I was so excited to make that journey with 11 other female bloggers. And it was fun, except anything and everything that could have gone wrong, did go wrong.

Heat. A late start time that left us running completely alone. Heat. Having to skip some legs because we were so far behind. Heat. Me never seeing the finish line because I had to head home for a family emergency. Heat.

So yeah, I ran it. I got a medal. But to me, it doesn't feel like I really earned. it. Let's just say I have some unfinished business with this relay.

So this afternoon I'll head down to Milwaukee to pick up some vans and our other teammates. We'll head to Madison for some team bonding and tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. we'll be off running. Literally. Well, I won't. At least not for another 8 hours or so since I'm Runner No. 11 this year.

I'll be back post-Ragnar with some recaps of the experience (yes, this year I WILL write blog posts about Ragnar). Until then, follow us on Twitter, @TeamBBCrazy, or our Facebook page. I'm sure it'll be an entertaining journey.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Have a great time!
Sarah
www.thinfluenced.com