- It's been a pretty crazy, busy two weeks at work. Long nights. Long out of town training sessions. And because of that? There have been a few runs that have been missed. Probably more than I would have liked to miss. But I did.
- It's March. Therefore, the madness has begun. Love watching all the late season college basketball, especially the late season run by the Badgers. And absolutely can't WAIT for the tournament to begin this week. Which reminds me, I really need to find some time to fill out my bracket.
- I leave for Raleigh, NC in less than a month! Vacation was officially approved today. Plane ticket has been purchased and I finally registered for the RunRaleigh Half Marathon tonight. Yes, yes. I know. I managed to screw up and missed the last price increase. Oops. But I'm still running it!
- I'll be the first to admit it. I've been missing too many long runs. I've apparently become a wimp and can't handle running outside in the cold, Wisconsin winter. I guess I got spoiled last year with the super mild winter, because the thought of running many miles outside in the cold, snow, ice and wind, it's just not appealing. Especially since I'd be running them sans running buddy. There have been some long runs done on the treadmill and a few on the indoor track at the YMCA, but this last weekend? I just couldn't do it. A long run will happen this upcoming weekend though. It has to. Race day in Raleigh is like four weeks away. Eek!
- Speaking of winter. The beginning of spring is on Wednesday. Today we got a fresh 4 inches of snow. And Wednesday's forecast? We'll be lucky if we hit 20 degrees. What the heck Mother Nature? I'm over winter. When will the spring weather arrive?
Monday, March 18, 2013
Catching up with March
Wow. It's already March 18. Where's the month gone? I'll give you a few bullet points to catch you up on what's been happening with me.