Monday, May 9, 2011

Welcome to taper

If the rest of the week is anything like today, it's going to be a long week.

I'm six days away from the Cellcom Green Bay Half Marathon. And the concentration level at work? Non-existent. It's like I've got an adult case of ADHD. Work related stuff holds my attention for a few minutes. Then I get distracted by Twitter. Or Facebook. Or the race website. Or what other media is writing about the race. And I haven't even gotten to those thoughts about what I'm going to wear or what tweaks I need to make to my play list or a plan of attack for this race.

Since my mind was obviously focused on the upcoming half marathon today, you would think I'd be eager to get done with work and go for my run. Nope. I think I dragged my feet for almost an hour after getting home before I finally laced up the shoes and headed out the door for my 3-mile run. It wasn't a pretty run. And probably wasn't helped by the fact that I over-dressed. But it eventually got done.

I wonder what Day 2 of taper has in store for me.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like we are in the same boat with our attention. I don't have much drive to do paperwork, and I have three evaluations to finish. But, my mind is consumed by selling my house, moving, and wedding stuff! :)