Monday, May 23, 2011

Not really must-haves for the running playlist, but good stuff to listen to

LOVE. THIS.

Seriously. I think I may have possibly wore out the replay button on You Tube. Great stuff. Watch it. You won't be disappointed.


I've liked other stuff by this artist. His name is Jon Schmidt. And because I'm a bit short on running-related news tonight, I'm just going to link to You Tube videos.


There's also his amazing arrangement of Pachelbel's "Cannon in D" which he calls "Pachelbel Meets U2." The old-school, traditional version was - and still is - one of my favorites to play on the piano when I go to my parents' house. I have the sheet music for this version sitting on the piano. Now I just need to learn it.


And finally a piece called "Love Story Meets Viva La Vida." Just what it sounds like, a mash-up of Taylor Swift's "Love Story" and Coldplay's "Viva La Vida." Once again. Amazing stuff.

And that's it for today's music lesson. I'll be back tomorrow with running news. Because there's a few races I've got in the upcoming future that I haven't mentioned to you yet!

1 comment:

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

Love these! And, I actually do have "Pachelbel Meets U2 on my running playlist. :)