Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mother Nature, where the heck is spring?


Did I sleep through spring, summer and fall? Because today felt an awful lot like winter. Or winter with a little spring/summer storms thrown in since there were time when it was raining, snowing and hailing at the same time.

And I have to admit, hearing thunder and seeing the big bolts of lightning in the sky while you're brushing snow off your car is a bit freaky. All we need is a tornado or two and we've got all the major weather systems we typically get here in Wisconsin covered.

Obviously Mother Nature is confused. Or having a weather crisis.

And that crisis is why I ended up doing my first post-Oshkosh Half Marathon run inside on the treadmill. But the run? It felt fabulous. Didn't feel like I just turned in a PR at a half on Saturday. I like it.

3 comments:

J said...

Ugg! I hate snow! we got a dusting on Sunday and it has been so cold here! I just want it to be warm and summer!

Anonymous said...

Mother Nature and I are no longer friends.

Badgergirl said...

I had to chuckle when I read your comment Mike. I'm pretty sure Mother Nature doesn't have many friends at this point. At least not in Wisconsin!