Ms. Ironman-in-training Leana over at Runner Leana tagged me with the Gorgeous Blogger Award. Thanks Leana!
I'm supposed to tell you six random things about myself. As this award is spreading through Blogland, some folks have been putting together their six random things based on a theme. So here it goes, six random things from my weekend.
1. I had to make one of those expensive Target runs this weekend. Seems like it always happens: I run out of a bunch of stuff (body wash, shampoo, toothpaste, face wash, moisturizer, etc.) all at the same time, leading to an expensive Target run. This was one of those runs. On the plus side, I may have splurged and come home with some Reese's Peanut Butter eggs.
2. I love coupons and grocery store sales. I had to get some cereal for breakfast. I had a coupon for $1 off two boxes of Frosted Mini-Wheats plus some Personal Perks grocery store reward. What that means? I got a free box of cereal!
3. If you think about seasons in terms of cooking, spring has officially sprung. I went to my parents' house for dinner Sunday (well, and to hijack their TV to watch the Badger game) and we had brats on the grill. First time since last fall!
4. I really wanted to finish reading "Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen" by Christopher McDougall this weekend. So close. But not done yet. Really interesting book by the way. While it's a great book, I don't think I'll be tossing my shoes in favor of barefoot running anytime soon.
5. I'm going through Olympic withdrawal. Good thing March Madness starts this week with conference tournaments leading up to Selection Sunday!
6. I feel a little guilty about skipping my long run this weekend. I've even tried rationalizing that the three short runs I did do Saturday and Sunday add up to the mileage I was supposed to do, but that isn't even helping.
There you go. Six random things I did or thoughts that ran through my head this weekend. Now it's time for me to pass it along...
Teacherwoman at Dare to Tri, Libby at From 0 to Runner, Suzy at Running on my Time, MCM Mama, Mel at Tall Mom on the Run and and Anne Marie, you guys are it!