Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Who needs a plan?

The legs were feeling a bit sore today after yesterday's run. That's what happens when I disappear from running for almost a week and a half I guess.

But I still wanted to hit the gym after work. So I planned on grabbing a bike and just riding for about 45 minutes. Armed with my iPod and a book I went to the YMCA and was floored to find that all of the bikes (well all of the bikes that I like, not a fan of the recumbent ones) were taken.

But there was a lonely treadmill. The one I used last night that had the non-functioning TV.

Like I said, I don't like the recumbent bikes. So I decided to jump on the treadmill and do a short run while waiting for a bike. I wasn't planning on going far. Maybe a mile and then doing some walking.

But when I started running? It actually felt good. And I was running at my normal early run pace (about a 10:20 mile). So my mile turned into 2 miles. And by the time I finished 20 minutes and 40 seconds later, the bike I wanted was free.

So I finished off the workout with 25 minutes on the bike and rode 7 miles.

And tonight? The troublesome treadmill TV? Worked perfectly.

4 comments:

J said...

UGG I hate when all the bikes are being used! At least the TV worked on the treadmill!

No Longer Using said...

i also hate recumbent bikes. just feels too odd to me. but the one time i used one my butt felt SO WORKED so maybe they aren't all bad.

great job on your run! i love when that happens. you start and realize wow i feel good against all expectations :)

Carolina John said...

very cool. i love it when things work out like that.

Jill said...

Gotta love when the legs, and the tv, all pull together and work great!