Monday, October 1, 2012

September reading recap

After a pretty decent month in August, I kind of lost my reading mojo. I'm  not sure if it was because I was struggling to find something that I wanted to read and would hold my attention or if I just needed a short break. But that's what I ended up doing. Taking a break from books. And it shows in the totals.

I ended up finishing two books in September for a total of 621 pages. That brings the yearly total to 32 books and 11,198 pages. Compare that to last year at the end of September when I had finished 21 books and 8,317. I'd say I'm pretty happy with this year's progress. I've got eight more books to read by the end of the year, just over 2.5 books per month. I think I can do that.

So what I'd read in September? Take a look:

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strand
Stunning by Sara Shepard

I really liked Wild.

Stunning? Not so much. Honestly I just need to stop with the Pretty Little Liars series. This is number, what, 11 in the series (12 if you count that collection of short stories) and they've really gotten almost painful to read. I mean seriously. They're on version 3 o r 4 of A, the anonymous text messager. What is this latest version of A going to turn out to be the long lost triplet? I know I say I'm giving up on the series, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised if the next book comes out and I find myself reading it. That's what I do.

No comments: