Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October reading recap

Well, just a few more hours and October is done. And since I'm barely a quarter of the way through the book I'm currently reading, I'm pretty sure it's OK for me to report my monthly reading totals.

I read three books in October for a total of 1,336 pages. That brings the totals to 35 books and 12,534 pages through the first ten months of the year. Compared that to the stats through the end of October 2011 when I had finished 27 books and 10,048 pages. Nice little increase.

Big picture: I've got to read five more books in the next two months if I'm going to hit my 40-book goal. And for giggles? Since I began tracking what I read in 2006, the highest number of books I've read in a year has been 45 in 2006 and 2008. Hmm. Maybe I can break that. I guess it depends on what I choose to tackle and how much time I devote to curling up with a book. Might be fun to try though.

So what'd I read in October?

Fallen by Lauren Kate
Torment by Lauren Kate
Reflected in You by Sylvia Day

Hmmm. Young adult fiction involving angels and devils and a second installment of a Fifty Shades of Grey-type series. But in my honest opinion, this series is much better than the Fifty Shades books. As for what's next? Well I've got a small stack started that came in for me at the library. And at some point I really need to pick out that one "classic" that I told myself I'd read this year. Any suggestions? Preferably nothing too massive or that requires way too much concentration in order to understand what's going on. Or maybe I'll just skip it this year. After all, Les Miserables did check in at 1,260 pages. That should count for two years, right?

1 comment:

Bethany K. Warner said...

I did "A Day in the Life Ivan Denisovitch" as one of my classic picks for this year. Not too bad.

Also, if you haven't read any Graham Greene, I'd highly recommend him for a classic. Maybe try "End of the Affair" or "Brighton Rock."