Thursday, May 26, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. Running has been a bit sporadic since the Green Bay half marathon. Ideally I'd like to be back to my 5 days a week running schedule by this point, after all I do have events coming up to train for, but I'm slowly easing myself back in. See the last 6 miles of the half marathon my Achilles area and calf on my left legs were tender. I went an had an AMAZING massage the day after the race and the Achilles area started to feel fine, but my calf was still a bit angry with me. I took a few days off and it felt better, so I tried Run No. 1 post-half marathon. Run felt pretty good. But afterward the calf was angry again. Took another few days off. Same thing. Repeat one more time. Thankfully the angriness of my calf has diminished each time, so I'm really crossing my fingers it's going to go away for good this time. Let's just say the foam roller, stick and ice are my BFFs right now.


2. It's almost the end of May and I can tell you right now there will be no reading recap for you. Why? Because I'm STILL reading Les Miserables. Yes. The book I started on March 9. I know the book is 1,260 pages long - that's a lot of pages - but I never thought it would take me this long. I'm almost to page 800 right now and I'm setting a deadline for myself. This book? It must be done by June 9.

3. It feels a little weird not having any triathlons on my race schedule this year. I decided to concentrate on running races this year and try to do some events I've never done in the past but have always wanted to try. And considering I have yet to get on my bike yet this spring, that's probably a good decision. But still. I kind of miss getting ready for triathlons. Which is why I'm considering volunteering at the High Cliff Triathlon in June. It's a great event, one I've done the last two years, and is close to home. Besides, what else do I have to do on a Saturday morning?

No comments: