Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I've got a number. It's official.


5813

That sounds like a good number for a half marathon bib, right? Even if it doesn't, agree with me. Because that's the number I'll be sporting at the Cellcom Green Bay Half Marathon in just over a week. We're talking 10 days people. So close.

And since race day is approaching, the training runs are becoming shorter.

Tuesday night I had 6 on the schedule. And I'll admit. I seriously considered skipping the run. I felt very blah when I walked out of my office after work. It was late. I was hungry. I really had no motivation to run. But then I remembered race day was approaching. So I forced myself to go and hit the treadmill at the YMCA. And the first 2 miles? They sucked. Big time. But I upped the speed a bit and, not surprisingly, the run got easier. By the time I finished the 6 miles I was feeling good and so glad I didn't bail on the run.

Tonight I had no problems lacing up the sneakers. The weather? Gorgeous! Perfect running weather. Sunny! Temperatures right around 60. Very little wind. I could hardly wait to get home and throw on my running gear. The 3 miles I had to do tonight were fabulous. All of my miles were right around the 9:40 pace. And I finished the run feeling really good. Bring on Green Bay!

7 comments:

kdaisy said...

I think it's an excellent number!!! 5 is my lucky number and 13 is my sweetie's favorite number. :) I love getting my first look at my race number for each race, there's just something about it... GOOD LUCK, KICK BUTT!

RunToTheFinish said...

woot woot, love getting the bib number.

i know what you mean about not skipping.. I wanted to yesterday and it ended up being an amazing run...tough to start amazing finish.

Rachel said...

Good luck at Green Bay! I will be running the half too! I can't believe its only 10 days away. :)

Run with Jess said...

Looks like a great number to me!!! Good Luck!! Kick some booty in GB.

J said...

So exciting! Looks like you are ready for this race! Hope the weather is great and you run well!

Suzy said...

You are ready for this race! I love the number and, of course, I love where you are running. :)

Anonymous said...

You are going to kick butt!!