Thursday, September 30, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. After the Fox Cities Half Marathon on Sept. 19, I took a brief break from running. I didn't quit completely. I've run twice since then, but nothing much. A few miles here. A few miles there.

2. That break? It's stopping this weekend. Why? Because the Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon is approaching quickly. As in 65 days quickly. Yikes! And that 2:30 goal I originally had for Fox Cities? Yeah. It's what I'm shooting for. I took today off, but I was sitting in a courtroom today reading my Runner's World to pass the time. And I finally got around to reading the trail running guide in the October issue. Let's just say it left me craving a run at High Cliff State Park. So this weekend there will be a run on the trails at High Cliff and hopefully one more longer run on the road.

3. Of course any running I do this weekend will have to be worked in around football. There's Wisconsin's Big Ten opener at Michigan State on Saturday and the Packers hoping to redeem themselves against Detroit on Sunday. Plus all of the other college and pro games on the slate. Football. One of the reasons I love fall!

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Good luck getting back into training for LV!

Jill said...

The Vegas RnR will be a blast! Welcome back to training :).

chris mcpeake said...

good luck with the training

Q said...

Maybe I'll see you in Vegas! I'm still undecided...