Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Still working on consistency. But I have it in my sights.

So I tried to get more consistent with my running this month. Remember? I was aiming for 3 runs a week and hoping to log 30 to 40 miles this month?

Well, I didn't accomplish that goal. But I didn't fail miserably either.

I started off the month on the right foot, running four out of the first nine days. But then something happened mid-month and I lost a bit of that running mojo. The runs? The dropped down to about once a week.

So I finished the month with seven runs and 21.2 miles. Not great. But not awful. Let's just say there's room for improvement.

And I might be on the right track. Because tonight? I headed over to the YMCA and reintroduced myself to the treadmill. And we got along fabulously for 4.3 miles which I ran in 45 minutes. I started off nice and slow (the first mile was clocked at 11 minutes flat) and slowly increased my speed. I was averaging around a 10 minute, 20 second mile in the middle of the run, but I really pushed it the last half mile or so. The 4 miles were finished in 42 minutes, 49 seconds. Not bad.

The run felt really good. And I hope that's a sign of things to come in October. Because I will regain consistency and I will break 40 miles for the month. Because I've also got myself signed up for a challenge on DailyMile. A challenge to log 40 miles running in the month of October.

Bring it.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Solid treadmill run and a great way to kick off a new month!

Nat said...

Awesome job! How do you keep from getting bored on the treadmill? I usually go insane after a while.

Badgergirl said...

Honestly I have a hard time running on the treadmill for anything longer than 3 miles. Last night that last mile was brutal. I guess I'm lucky that each treadmill has it's own personal TV attached to, so while I don't listen to the noise (I prefer my iPod), at least I have something to watch.