Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Excuses, excuses. I've got 'em.

I had good intentions of going to the YMCA after work. After all, I skipped it all last week due to my head aching and so far this week I've been stuck at the office late.

But tonight I had plans to make it there.

And those plans were promptly tossed out the window when I left the building today.

Maybe it had to do with the fact that I smelled like a fire after watching a local tavern almost burn to the ground. Or that my feet hurt because I still haven't broken in those boots I bought last weekend. Or maybe it was the big ole nail I saw sticking in the front tire of my car. Or maybe I was just looking for an excuse to skip it.

Whatever my excuse was, I didn't make it to the YMCA. Instead I sat in a somewhat sketchy tire store while they fixed my tire and afterwards I came home and took a shower. Unfortunately I think still smell like smoke.

But tomorrow? Tomorrow I'll make it to the YMCA.

No comments: