Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Paging motivation

I've been in a bit of a slump.

I'm not feeling particularly motivated. Running? Biking? Swimming? Eh.

I haven't swam a stroke or put a toe in the pool since my triathlon. A month ago.

The running shoes have been enjoying their new home in my gym bag. And they've become a bit anti-social, preferring to stay in the bag rather than be put on my feet and pound the pavement. And it shows. I've run a grand total of 5 miles since the triathlon. And the last time I ran? It was July 24.

My bike should have the fewest complaints. We still get along pretty well and get together for a ride a couple of times a week. But I have to admit. The bike was probably starting to get a bit grumpy since it's been parked in the garage for the last week. But I did take it out for a 12 mile ride after work tonight.

I'm not sure what it is. Why I'm slacking so so much. Maybe it's because I've been pretty busy the last few weeks. I dunno.

But I do know that it has to change. I need to regain the motivation that I had back before the triathlon. I get back in the pool. I need to start logging some miles in the running shoes. And I need to stay on the bike.

3 comments:

Raina said...

OK, so let me be the first to help you find "Mr. Motivation". I just started blogging about a week ago, right before I completed my first sprint triathlon. The blogs that you ladies have been posting, the ones that I have been reading for the past few weeks, have really helped me see why this sport is truly inspiring. Just remember that what you do is not only for you, but helps to inspire others as well. You'll find him. Don't worry.... :)

Jerome Harrison said...

OK, let's GOOOO! Time to get moving - everyone is reading your blog so you MUST post some workout accomplishment tomorrow! HAHA! :))
Jen H.
www.jenharrison.com

Anonymous said...

You=me.
If you happen to find my motivation hanging out with yours, please let it know that I'm looking for it :)

I've been the same way since the Danskin. For me, I think it's because I pushed myself so hard that I'm almost to a borderline burned out point. My gym is closed next week so I'm hoping that taking a week long break will be exactly what I need and I'll actually once again want to go workout.