Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Are you ready for some football?

Can you smell it in the air? It's football season.

And last night? I spent it sitting in Lambeau Field, watching the Green Bay Packers take on the Cincinnati Bengals in the pre-season opener. Granted, the Green and Gold didn't win, but it was exciting to watch. Because in case you didn't hear, it's a new era in Green Bay.

There's been a changing of the quarterback guard.

Aaron Rodgers took over the reins last night. And he didn't look too bad. Nine of 15 for 117 yards. A touchdown and an interception during his four series. Not bad. The rest of the game wasn't too bad either. I got to see some of the backups, see who might have a chance to shine this year.

Even though the Packers ended up losing 20-17, it was a fun night. Although it wasn't the super swanky luxury boxes, my seat was in the front row of one of the swanky indoor club seats. It wasn't outside in the Lambeau Field bleacher seats, but hey, I'm not complaining since they were the tickets of the free variety.

The only downside? I pulled into the driveway at 1 a.m. and the alarm went off a mere six hours later. Needless to say, it's been a long day and I think I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight.

*Photo credit: Post-Crescent photo by M.P. King*

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

A new era in Green Bay for sure!