Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012

In less than five hours, I'm supposed to rip off the last page of my 2012 calendar and start a new one.

Only problem. I don't have a 2013 calendar yet. Technicality.

But I can look back at 2012 and reflect on what a year it was.

It was an OK year.

I ran 672 miles. Way less than the 1,000 I was shooting for, but a cranky IT band will do that. And of course losing motivation to run this last month didn't help. But it was enough miles to run six half marathons, a bunch of 5Ks, a 55-mile relay from Oshkosh to Green Bay with a great bunch of girls I met in my running group and a 198-mile relay from Madison to Chicago with 11 other bloggers. At times I loved running. At times I hated it. And sometimes I just tolerated it.

I road tripped to Ohio with one of my good friends to run a half marathon through the Ohio State campus. While wearing Badger gear. I survived.

And speaking of Badgers. I started the year out watching the Badgers lose in the Rose Bowl to Oregon. But I did get a chance to head back to Madison and catch a Badger basketball game at the Kohl Center and a football game at Camp Randall. And many more times yelling at the TV.

I read. A lot. A complete rundown will come in the next few days.

I had good days and bad and some in between days. Moments I don't want to forget. Moments I couldn't forget fast enough.

All in all, an OK year.

I'm looking forward to what 2013 has in store.

No comments: