Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It finally got hot here

Holy cow.

The mercury was at 95. The dew point was around 67. It was hot. It was humid. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. Kind of miserable outside. One of those days where you walk outdoors and it's hard to breathe. And this was at 6 p.m. And remember, I live in Wisconsin, where weather like this typically doesn't show up until the last week in July.

There was NO WAY I was going to attempt to run outside tonight. But I needed to run.

So I figured. Why not head indoor to the treadmill. Yes it will be the treadmill. But at least the miles will get done and it will be cooler inside.

The miles got done. But the cooler part?

I was so wrong. I don't think the air conditioning was working at the YMCA. Because the only part of the building that was cool? It was the hallway in the basement next to the child care drop off. And of course since the treadmills are on the second floor, it only got warmer and muggier as you went up. So it was pretty miserable running on the treadmill. Hot. Uncomfortable. Sweaty.

Almost wished I was outside.

Then I snapped back to reality and realized it would have been worse outside. But still. Not the indoor experience I was hoping for.

I might have to head across town for tomorrow's run and get it in at the newer YMCA. Because it's supposed to be another round of 90s and humidity again. And this time? Throw in the chance of severe storms.

2 comments:

J said...

It is so hot here too! I don't know which would be worse - running inside or outside. Either way it is hot! Im thankfully I get to be in AC all day!

ihaverun said...

I dread the heat. Way to get it done on the treadmill. Even warm treadmill runs are hard. Just yesterday I was thinking how nice it would be to have misters installed on my treadmill. Do they do that?