Thursday, February 10, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. This week went surprisingly fast. Might be because I'm still coming off the high from the Packers Super Bowl win. Of course all the appearances on David Letterman, Jay Leno, the Ellen DeGeneres Show and George Lopez aren't really helping me get over the high. Because I watch. And I drool laugh. And then there might be discussions in the Twitterverse about who's got dibs on what Packers player. Donald Driver. Aaron Rodgers. Clay Matthews. Jordy Nelson. Greg Jennings. Mason Crosby. There's a lot of choices. And to find out, Clay Matthews will be in my town in just two weekends. He's making an appearance at some ice fishing tournament. Needless to say I will be going. And not for the ice fishing.


So I shared the great clip with Clay Matthews and Ellen DeGeneres. But the one with Greg Jennings and George Lopez is equally as great, especially the last chunk where they're discussing the YouTube video and Madden. I can't figure out how to embed that one, so just follow the link. You'll like it.

2. All of that Packers hoopla and the running is going surprisingly well. I haven't missed a day yet on the half marathon training program I'm following. And that means I've run 8 out of 10 days so far this month. Can't think of the last time that's happened. Oh wait. It's never happened. It's going well. The legs are feeling good. I'm actually liking the hill repeat workouts on the treadmill the coach is having me do. And I'm looking forward to this weekend's 7 mile run.

3. Continuing on the sports-theme. Did anyone catch the Badger game last night? They shouldn't have beat Iowa. Not after shooting 18 percent in the first half. Really Bucky? But Bo and the boys pulled themselves together and came out in the second half, sent it to overtime and pulled out the win in Iowa. Which sets up an amazing Saturday showdown at the Kohl Center in Madison when undefeated Ohio State comes to town. Let's just say it would be absolutely amazing if Wisconsin could knock them off on Saturday. And if it happens? Bucky would be responsible for knocking off not only the No. 1, undefeated Buckeyes on the basketball court, but remember they handed Ohio State their only loss of the football season when they were No. 1. It will be a very good day. Can't wait.

No comments: