Thursday, December 30, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. After essentially taking last week off, I've gotten in some pretty good runs this week. Six on Tuesday with an extra mile walk - what, I couldn't leave the treadmill with the Badgers hold a 3-point lead over Minnesota in the Border Battle and 2 minutes left in the basketball game. And yes, those 2 minutes took 15 minutes to play with all the fouls, free throws, time outs and commercials. Add in another 6.15 tonight with an added 2 mile run/walk at the end just because it was still early and I didn't want to go home.

Here's the problem though. With one day left in 2010 I'm 9.7 miles from hitting the 600 miles I was aiming for this year (well, originally it was 750, then 1,000, then 750 and finally 600. It's a goal that's been adjusted a few times). Not knowing if I can handle almost 10 miles on the treadmill at once, do I attempt to do two runs tomorrow? One before going into work at noon and one after work before the clock strikes midnight? I dunno. My legs might hate me.

2. I forgot how nice it is to be able to be able to leave work early. I had to use up an extra 2.5 hours of vacation time today, which meant I got to leave the office at 3:30 p.m. Heaven! If there wasn't a dense layer of fog and freezing drizzle coming down, I would have headed outdoors for my run. But since I didn't want to get hit by an inattentive driver who didn't quite understand the concept of headlights in nasty fog or fall on my tush due to ice, I went inside. And was done with my extra long workout by the time I'm usually first getting to the gym.

3. Twitter has been utterly distracting this week. All those #RoseBowlUW hashtags? It's like a play-by-play of what's going on out in Pasadena as the Badgers get ready for their Rose Bowl showdown against TCU this weekend. And even though I was lucky enough to have a Rose Bowl experience, reading about everything that's going on out there? Makes me wish I was there again. Next time.

No comments: