Thursday, July 15, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. I've been enjoying my vacation. I'm spending the week at my parents' house. There's been some lounging outside reading, some biking and a bit of running. Also spent some time hanging out with The Rugrats.The weather's been great - well except for yesterday when it was a bit wet (see below). Can't believe there's only a few more days left. But I'll make sure to pack them full of good times.


2. So we got 4.5 inches of rain in a series of three storms over a 9-hour period on Wednesday. The first storm I was driving and trying to navigate flooded streets. The second storm my brother, his wife and I spent in a crowded, hot, smelly hallway at a convention center after they evacuated an amphitheater where we had gone to see Alice Cooper and his Theater of Death tour. The nasty storm - with tons of lightning, lots of wind and a ton of rain - meant we left Oshkosh without seeing Alice Cooper on stage. The third round of storms? Those kept me awake until 4 a.m. with the constant thunder and lightning. So it's a bit soggy today, but at least it's sunny.

3. I'm running the Scheel's Sunset 5K Friday night. This will be my fourth year running it. And it's always been hot and humid. Looks like tomorrow will be no different. This will probably be my last race for a while. Since it's time to buckle down and really focus on an upcoming half marathon in September.

6 comments:

teacherwoman said...

The recent weather in the midwest has been rediculous! Good grief!

Good luck tomorrow night... and have fun!

Jill said...

Good luck in the 5K...hope you don't get rained out!!! Glad you're enjoying your vaca!!

Deanna said...

Good luck tonight with your race. Looks like it's going to be warm.

I am also running the half coming up in Sept. (Fox Cities?). Good luck with your training!

Mark said...

Good luck in the race!!!

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) said...

hope you had a great 5K and are taking full advantage of your vacation.... (I'm sick of the rain too.)

Deanna said...

You have won an award! Come to my blog here to receive it...
http://milestorun.blogspot.com/2010/07/versatile-blogger-award.html