Sunday, February 7, 2010

Football, running - I'd say that's a super Sunday

Super Bowl Sunday has come and gone. Sigh. Football's done until late summer when training camp kicks off.

I went to a Super Bowl party at my brother's house tonight. I think of the 12 adults, I was on the only one in the room cheering for the Colts. I honestly didn't care who won as long as it was a good game (which it was), but I guess my tendencies lean towards the Colts. What can I say, I was a sportswriter and wrote about them during that awful year I lived in Indiana. And three of my starters on my fantasy football team (which won the league championship this year) suit up in the blue and white (Peyton Manning, Joseph Addai and Dallas Clark).

We had two pools going - which team would score first with how much time remaining and the final score. My final score guess was the Colts would walk away with the victory 31-21 (so close, wrong team) and I picked the Colts to score first with 7:34 remaining in the first quarter.

I was off by 5 seconds and I walked away with the door prize - a Green Bay Packers sweatshirt to pull out next season. Sounds good to me!

And while a good chunk of the day was spent watching football, I did manage to head over to the YMCA earlier to sneak in a run (gotta make up for some of those Super Bowl goodies I'd be consuming later). Since I spent a good chunk of last week dealing with the brick on my chest and the gremlin living inside my chest, this was my first run in nearly a week.

I started feeling better Saturday and went to the YMCA with thoughts of wanting to run, but not really knowing how far I'd make it. Best case scenario? I'd be able to sneak in the weekend's long run - 5 miles - worst case? I'd barely make it a mile before dying. Guess it was my lucky day. I kept the pace nice and slow, but I pounded out 5.1 miles on the treadmill and the run actually felt pretty good. Now it's just time to get back on track.

And the last thing I did today? I made a purchase on Amazon.com that is going to make Badgergirl very very happy when the postman brings it to her door. Stay tuned to find out what it is!

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Great job starting your Superbowl Sunday with a run! And congrats on the door prize!

Can't wait to find out what you ordered from Amazon... hmmm....

Runner Leana said...

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better!!! Great job on getting the 5 miler done.

Oh...what did you get from Amazon? :)

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great superbowl party! Nice job with the door prize!