Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Swim Class No. 4

Week number of my swim class was yesterday. And it's definitely not as intimidating as it was the first week anymore.

We did a warm up, worked on a few drills and broke off into our two separate groups again - training and breathing. I stuck with the breathing group again, just to give myself one more week to work on the bilateral breathing. Since I hadn't been in the pool since last Monday morning, I wasn't sure how it was going to go this week, but the breathing came back pretty easily.

Finished up the breathing work and did an easy 200 yards or so with fins to end the session. Next week I think I'm going to abandon the breathing group, try to work on some regular training stuff.

After the swim class was done, I threw on my running clothes and headed out to the treadmill. Normally I would have snuck a run in after getting done with work, but since I was working the night shift (see It's Monday Night Football, Packers versus Vikings and I'm Working), I thought I'd sneak the run in before heading out to an early morning meeting.

I got on the treadmill and at first I thought I'd only make it 2 miles. My legs felt heavy. And it was hard to run. I guess that's what happens after an hour-long swim class. But after a half mile or so, the legs started feeling like normal and the run got easier.

Soon the treadmill readout told me I had gone 2 miles and I just kept running. Finished up with 3 miles in 31 minutes, 30 seconds.

Then it was home, a quick shower and meeting for work. Followed up by a nice 2.5 hour nap before heading into work. All in a morning's work.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Nice job on the run after the swimming!
Watching that game last night was rough to say the least! Farve is the best ever, but wearing purple was hard to see. Kudos to him for being the only QB to beat every NFL team! All I can say is.....take that Ted Thompson, I hope you're happy! UGH!

Runner Leana said...

It sounds like you are getting a lot out of the swimming class besides consistency in getting to the pool. Glad it is working out for you!! And yay for the run after!

Night shift? Blech!!