Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The plan, and the weather forecast, were thrown out the window

I had a plan today. And I tossed it out the window without thinking twice.

The last time I checked the weather it was supposed to in the mid-50s and rainy today with nicer weather planned for the rest of the week. So I decided to switch up my schedule, head over to the YMCA and sneak in a quick run before I headed down to the pool for my swim workout.

When I left for work this morning it was sunny. And nice. That's OK, I thought as I tossed my gym bag in the backseat of the car. It's supposed to get cold and wet this afternoon.

Never happened.

In fact, it got nicer out. I left the office briefly in the mid-afternoon to go pick up some documents. It was sunny. A little breezy and the temperature? It was 80. So much for cold and rainy.

At that moment I decided to ditch the swim plan and head home after work to jump on my bike. Normally my post-work weekday bike rides are around 8 miles or so. But it was so nice out today I needed to go farther, even though I started late. I just kept pedaling. Even the wind wasn't a problem. I swear midway through the ride the wind switched directions, so I never really had to ride into the 25 mile per hour winds. I'm not complaining though.

I ended up going 14 miles in about 55 minutes and felt really good after the ride.

I'm skipping the pool as well tomorrow since it's supposed to be just as nice. But tomorrow I think I'll head out to the Wiouwash trail after work for a run. And then maybe I'll visit the pool on Thursday.

1 comment:

Runner Leana said...

Definitely have to take advantage of nice weather for sure! A great bike ride outdoors beats time on the treadmill for sure...