Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I need to get back on track

From my office, I can see the windows of the YMCA I go to. And they're starting to wonder where I've disappeared to.

Because in the last three weeks? I've been there maybe three times. Gulp.

Things have happened lately that have caused me to miss my nightly visits to the YMCA. There was the goodness that comes with a new relationship, things that made me choose hanging out with a boy over hanging out with a treadmill. Then there was the whole furlough thing, a week off a work when I spent more time in my car than in the city I actually live in. And let's not even talk about the boy drama from last week. And this week? I find myself at sitting at my desk working the night shift and for some reason I find it hard to jump out of bed and go to the YMCA first thing in the morning.

But I need to get back on track. For myself. My sanity. My well being.

And that whole second indoor triathlon thing that I signed up for. You know, the one that's this weekend. As in three days from now. Gulp.

I'm hoping to start getting back on track tomorrow morning. Even though I'll be at the office late, an early morning doctor's appointment gives me no excuse to sleep in. And after that? I plan to hit the YMCA - spend some time with the treadmill and maybe even the pool (gasp!).

Baby steps. It's all about the baby steps. And Saturday? That indoor triathlon really will be all about having a good time. And finishing.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment! Good luck on your triathlon this weekend!