Friday, December 21, 2007

Only 3 days left and I still have a bunch of stuff to do!

So if I count the days on the calendar right, Christmas Eve is in three days.

I should be excited. I mean, Christmas, one of my favorite holidays, is almost here. But instead, I'm getting nervous. And worried. And I'm starting to freak out a bit.

Why?

Well I have a bit of a problem. I haven't even started my Christmas shopping yet. I've bought a grand total of zero presents so far. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. And believe me, that's not a good thing when I have a list of 12 people to buy gifts for.

I've never been in this kind of situation before. In years past, I've always had my presents bought with at least a week to spare, I've taken the time to wrap them with bows and ribbon and they've been sitting under my Christmas tree, making it look pretty. Not the case this year. Granted I spent a majority of December curled in a fetal position with a throbbing migraine, so I wasn't really in the mood to shop. So I do have an excuse.

But still. Three days? And all that shopping? I'm freaking out.

And I'm not sure when, or if, I'm even going to get everything done. In the best case scenario, I could spent Saturday shopping until every person was crossed off my list.

But I have a bit of a problem. It's my weekend to work. Meaning I'm sitting at my desk from 2 until 11 p.m. Saturday. It's hard to shop when I'm supposed to be working.

So my tentative plan is to maybe get up quasi early Saturday, maybe around 9 a.m., to head north to get some shopping in before I have to be in the office. In a perfect world, I'll be able to cross everyone off my list. Because I have bigger problems to contend with on Sunday. There will be presents to wrap, cookies to make for my family get together on Christmas Day (and no, I can't sacrifice any more of my portion of cutouts), a get together with an old friend from preschool and, oh yeah, supposedly a snowstorm to deal with. I tell ya, there's no time for shopping Sunday.

So cross your fingers for me that I can magically get all of my shopping done Saturday. Because at this point, I need all the help I can get.

No comments: