Sunday, September 2, 2007

Welcome back, college football

It's back. And I'm happy. The first weekend of the college football season is in the books. And some good stuff happened yesterday.

For starters, I have to mention my Badgers. I know this sounds awful, but I didn't get a chance to watch the 42-21 victory against Washington State, although I did listen to it on the radio. It sounded like a decent game for a season-opener. It sounded like Tyler Donovan, the new Badger quarterback, had a decent game. Hopefully that's a sign of good things to come. Looking forward to next weekend's match up with UNLV.

Oh, yeah.

Dear Bret Bielema,
I'm not sure what I think of the red pants, red jersey combo you've picked for home games this year. I liked the red jersey, white pants combination from last year. Hopefully this all-red uniform will grow on me.
Sincerely,
Badgergirl

Was anybody else as happy as I was when you heard that Michigan lost to 1-AA Appalachian State at Ann Arbor? That 34-32 score scrolling across the bottom of the screen made my day. Just because I detest Michigan.

I caught some of the stories the "College Game Day" staff did over on ESPN leading up to the Virginia Tech game, the first major sporting event at the university since the April massacre. Good stuff. Almost had me shedding a tear or two at 10 a.m. on a Saturday morning. I was glad to see the Hokies bring home the 17-7 win over East Carolina.

2 comments:

Deloris said...

No, that Michigan score did not make me happy. :(

Sara said...

Check out my blog to see just how happy I was. As a Buckeye, that was the best way to start the year.

By the way, I'm not a fan of the red pants. WAY too much red, in my opinion!