Sunday, July 1, 2012

June reading recap

Wow. June is done. Halfway through the year and a little more than halfway to meeting my reading goal for the year.

In June I finished five books totaling 1,870 pages. That brings the yearly total to 22 books and 7,475 pages. Compared to June 2011, when I had finished nine books and 4,149 pages. I'd say there's been a bit of an improvement this year. Even though most of the month was good reading-wise, I'm in a bit of a funk right now, but I'm just looking at it as needing a bit of a reading break.

So what did I read in June?

Fifty Shades Darker by EL James
Fifty Shades Freed by EL James
The Paris Wife by Paula Mclain
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Hana by Lauren Oliver

The Fifty Shades books were good. Once again, not quite jaw-dropping like some of the reviews out there make them out to be, but they were good. Evidence? I finished the last two in the trilogy in a total of six days. The two Oliver books were good, although I have to admit, I read them in the wrong order.

No comments: