Saturday, November 7, 2009

Is it still mid-November?

I'm confused. I went for a run this afternoon. I wore shorts and a T-shirt. And I was actually a bit warm.

Is it still almost mid-November and am I still in Wisconsin? Because last I checked it's not supposed to be 70 and sunny at this time of year. But today? It was.

Not that I'm complaining.

I loved every step of the 4 miles I ran this afternoon. I didn't worry about pace, I just wanted to go out, run and enjoy the gorgeous fall afternoon. And I did.

The run felt good. I think I might have taken the first mile a little fast, around 10 minutes, but the weird thing? It didn't feel fast, it felt easy. So I kept running. Mile 2 was a little more difficult, but I think that's because I was running into a slight breeze. The last two miles? Felt wonderful.

I would have considered tacking on an extra mile, but I wanted to save my legs a bit so I can do it all over again tomorrow - it's supposed to a littler cooler, but still super nice outside. Gotta take advantage of it while I can.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Yup it was a beautiful Saturday in WI for us that's for sure and since we all know how hard our winters are, it's great to just go out and do whatever!
Repeat performance today-enjoy before Mother Nature starts to drop the "cocaine"!!

Suzy said...

Enjoy the beautiful weather! It makes for wonderful late fall running.