Thursday, July 26, 2007

I've slacked...but I've got excuses!

The running thing? Not going so well this week.

Sure I got in Sunday's 6-miler and a 4.5 mile run on Tuesday, but since then, my running shoes have sat by my breakfast bar. Neglected.

Blame it on Mother Nature and work. Last night, I got home from work late, around 7ish and it was super humid and gross outside. So I gave myself the day off. Today, I came home and thought about going for a run, even though it was still incredibly humid. I flipped on the news to catch the weather and the radar was showing this blob of green, yellow and red moving towards the City on the Water. Me? I'm not a fan of storms, so I thought I better skip the run rather than end up on the trail, 2 miles from my car in a downpour featuring hail and lightning. If I had known the rain would take almost two hours to get here, I would have probably snuck a run in.

I'm crossing my fingers I'll be able to lace up the sneakers tomorrow.

No comments: